Sunday, July 13, 2008

--50 Universal Truths About Men--



1. Why should I remind you that “I love you?” I already told you once.
~
2. I’ll do anything for sex; even commit to you for life.
~
3.
I hate arguing with you. I’d much rather find a compromise.
~
4. I love long hair. Sorry, but I do.
~
5. When you speak softly, I can’t help but listen.
~
6. I need to be told “no” sometimes. Not a lot, but every now and again reminds me that you are expensive.
~
7. Please don’t ask me how you look unless you’re willing to trust my answer.
~
8. My eyes notice other women a lot more when you are upset with me.
~
9. When you’re happy with me I can’t help but want to please you.
~
10. If I don’t feel I can make you happy, it makes me feel helpless.
~
11. I expect you to be ready when I pick you up.
~
12. Cigarettes make any woman look cheap and easy.
~
13. I'm scared if I let a woman inside my heart, she'll take advantage of me.
~
14. If you can’t stand up to me when I’m a brat, you’re too weak for me to open up to when I’m upset.
~
15. Sitting quietly next to me after you’ve made me a meal is your get-out-of-the-doghouse-free ticket. You’ll be surprised how quickly I can forgive.
~
16. You did something hurtful. If I never bring it up, I’m considering leaving you.
~
17. I don’t read minds. Remember, I’m not a girl.
~
18. You may know fashion, but I wish you’d dress to please me, not other women.
~
19. If I’m losing my hair, it’s not funny. Would you like me to joke about your weight?
~
20. When I talk to you about golf and you act bored, it would be nice for you to remember all the times I listened to you talk about what is important to you.
~
21. The woman I love is easy to please. She appreciates the effort I put into making her happy, even if I get the details wrong.
~
22. You look hot in a dress.
~
23. I hate being told what to do when I don't ask for help. It makes me feel you're my mother.
~
24. If you sleep over, I might eventually marry you, but I'm less motivated.
~
25. During sex my ears are as sensitive to your words as your skin is to my touch.
~
26. I need some type of signal or cue to walk across the room and approach you. What if you’re married!?
~
27. It makes me feel like you trust me when you ask for my advice.
~
28. It feels competitive when you insist on being in charge.
~
29. Being respected is more important to me that being loved.
~
30. I want every guy to envy me when we arrive as a couple. Please don’t let yourself go.
~
31. When I’m upset I am very tone sensitive. How you say it is more important that what you say..
~
32. I hate it when you minimize/ignore my compliments. It makes me want to stop giving them.
~
33. I’m more insecure than you think. Why do you think I need your respect so much?
~
34. I don’t always know how I feel. That’s why I don’t tell you.
~
35. I don’t need you to do things for me. What I crave is being able to please you.
~
36. If I do one thing and say something contradictory – Go with my actions, that will always tell you what’s in my heart.
~
37. I find myself wanting to please you when you simply smile at me without asking for something. (Like a favor).
~
38. I really don’t want to hear about any of your ex-boyfriends, regardless of the point you are trying to make.
~
39. If I don’t share what I’m thinking it’s because I don’t think you will listen without interrupting.
~
40. I don’t like to argue and I don’t like to guess what’s wrong. Just tell me so I can fix it.
~
41. I love it when you put your hair in a pony tail. Yes, it’s a Freudian thing.
~
42. Don’t ask me, “Are you going to wear that?” when I’m already dressed.
~
43. A gentleman should always be respected by his lady in public, even if she is disagreeing with him.
~
44. If you don’t believe you’re pretty, you won’t believe me when I tell you, no matter how many times I say it.
~
45. It isn’t how much you weigh; it’s that your body is proportionate which is so attractive.
~
46. Sometimes I have weird and strange thoughts. I don’t take them seriously and I don’t want to share them with you (or anyone).
~
47. Sometimes you really don’t want to know what I’m thinking. See above.
~
48. If you cheat on me, it is nearly impossible for me to get over it.
~
49. I don’t remember everything about our relationship and that doesn’t mean I don’t love you.
~
50. I need some time to myself to calm down when I’m upset so that I don’t say something I will regret.
~
~By: Bob Grant, L.P.C. “The Relationship Doctor”
~

No comments: