Saturday, July 12, 2008

--Happy Old Days--


I had a friend whom was my best
She was always there north, south, east, west
We had great times that we still hold
Theyll always be ours and never sold
~
But the past is gone and the present is here
Back in the old days we were so near
We joked and played and danced around
Ah.... back in the old days what a sound
~
Now my memories are fading fast
Boys come first and me, well last
She seems so near yet so far
It seems our friendship is behind bars
~
Im trapped in this world of lasting hurt
If she would listen to me instead of being a flirt
She night just see that my bags are packed
And communication is what this friendship lacked
~
Its hard to leave but hard to stay
All I can do is wait and pray....
~
~
~By Deeanne Lissa
~
~http://www.poems.md/poems-about-friendship/in-the-old-days-478.html

No comments: