Saturday, August 2, 2008

--RECOVERING--

Re: The recovering addict and the loved one of the addict...
I thought more about this and thought I would explain why I believe there are no lines. Just treat others as you would like to be treated is a good rule though.I think the addict does have something to offer to the loved ones of addicts we ( the addicts ) help the loved ones better understand what their loved one is feeling and has gone through.And the loved ones can help the addicts too by telling their story of what they have went through or asking questions about the user in their lives it reopens the eyes to what we used to be and how we have hurt our own loved ones. I think we are therapeutic to each other and go hand and hand in our recovery.
~sickidsgurl
Well, hopefully the board is more then the mere writing out our rambling thoughts here. It's real people listening and caring. And as far as just getting thoughts down on paper, maybe for some that is why their here. For me it's reaching into myself and being vulnerable and sharing my insecurities and life and trusting others with the information. Hopefully this site will be helpful to you to.<<>
~TerryCa

No comments: